In this episode, we chat with Sarah St John, host of Frugalprenuer Podcast to learn how Sarah grew her podcast by landing her dream podcast guests.
- PodInbox – Get Your Free Podcast Fanpage – https://podinbox.com
Follow Podcast Growth Hacks and Pat Cheung
- Ask a Question – https://podinbox.com/podcast
- Website – https://podcastgrowthhacks.com
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/patcheung
Follow Sarah St John and Frugalpreneur
- Sarah St John – Website
- Frugalpreneur – Podcast | Book
- Podcastpreneur – Podcast | Book
- Authorpreneur – Podcast | Book
- 27 Way to Market and Monetize Your Podcast – Get on Amazon
- Podseam – Podcast Production Services
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/thesarahstjohn
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/thesarahstjohn/
- Linkedin – https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarah-stjohn/
Podcast Growth Hacks Learned in This Episode
- 3 ways to land your dream guest.
- Write about them in your book, and request an interview.
- Join a community they run, then ask them to guest on your podcast.
- Pay them to be a guest, and give the proceeds to charity.
- Create a Dream 100 list, and use your network to make a personal intro.
- Benefits of writing a book.
- You can start a podcast as an audio “companion” to a book.
- Get high-profile interview guests by including them in your book.
- It makes contacting high-profile podcast guests easier and more compelling.
- Get exposure on other people’s podcasts
- It helps establish authority and something for other podcasts to talk about.
- Giveaway your book as a lead magnet to build your email list
- Free physical books are great lead magnets, and you can give them away free, but charge for shipping
- Self-publish your book on a platform like Amazon KDP
- It’s free to publish, just a commission split on sales.
- Buy “author copies” to buy prints at-cost, and bring them to conferences.
- 3 ways to collaborate with other podcasts in the same niche
- Be an interview guest on their podcast.
- Find other podcasts to swap episodes or trailers.
- Just be sure to record an intro to briefly explain to your audience what’s going on.
- Do an episode collab, where you both share the same episode on your own show.
Podcasts & Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Amazon KDP – Self Publish Your Book on Amazon
- Free Book – 27 Ways to Monetize Your Podcast
- Christina Barsi – Be Bold, Begin
- Podcast Profit Pro – Online Course
- Systeme.io – Course Platform
- Headliner Disco – Audiogram Ad Platform
- Captivate – Podcast Host
- Chartable – Podcast Analytics
- Circle – Community Platform
- Pat Flynn – SPI Pro
- John Lee Dumas – Podcasters Paradise
- Jordan Harbinger – The Jordan Harbinger Show
- Mike Michalowicz – Profit First
- Jonathan Milligan – Market Your Message