- PodInbox – Get Your Free Podcast Fanpage – https://podinbox.com
Follow Podcast Growth Hacks and Pat Cheung
- Ask a Question – https://podinbox.com/podcast
- Website – https://podcastgrowthhacks.com
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/patcheung
Follow Tanner Campbell
- Website – https://tannerhelps.com/
- Practical Stoicism – https://stoicismpod.com/
- Good Morning Podcasters – https://goodmorningpodcasters.com/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/tannerhelps
- Discord – gmpod.co/discord
Podcast Growth Hacks Learned in This Episode
- Pick a podcast topic that’s both trending and underserved
- Don’t spend money marketing a podcast prematurely. Be patient. Take some time to see where it goes on its own first.
- Pick a good podcast name versus a clever podcast name. This helps with podcast searchability on podcast players.
- Use Facebook Ads to build your Facebook page and brand awareness, but not to directly grow your listeners.
- Budget $5 to $10 per day, or $150 – $300 per month on your first paid ads experiments. At around $3 CPA (cost per acquisition), you’ll get 50 to 100 new listeners every month.
- Keep growing at some rate, to decrease the chance of burning out and pod fade.
- If you use Buzzsprout Ads…run experiments on the lowest spend tier, track your results by using a link shortener to track attribution, remember to say your call-to-action in your actual ad read to find that link in the show notes.
Podcast Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Fountain – https://www.fountain.fm/
- Overcast – https://overcast.fm/
- Podcast Addict – https://podcastaddict.com/
- Player.fm – https://player.fm/
- Sounder.fm – https://www.sounder.fm/
- iHeart – https://www.iheart.com/
- Buzzsprout Ads – https://www.buzzsprout.com/ads
- Switchy.io – https://www.switchy.io/
- Bit.ly – https://bitly.com/
- PodInbox – https://podinbox.com
- Focusrite Vocaster – https://amzn.to/3PaGRI7
- Podcast Studio Pro – https://podcaststudioapp.com/